Triturus Marmoratus beginner

3k0

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Hello from Mexico. Please can you support me with two questions

1.- I have two 2.5-inch juveniles and I want to know if they can live 100% in the water.

2.- The aquarium water must be free of tannins?

I appreciate your help

Attachments

• hhhh.jpg
    hhhh.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 186
I’d stick with semi aquatic in the mean time with no tannins until someone can tell you for sure

Reactions: 3k0
I've never kept juveniles in the water. It is my understanding that they can develop skin issues when kept aquatic. But, I can confirm that juveniles may drown if not removed from the water after metamorphosis.
So, I keep juveniles terrestrially, with a soil/coco fiber substrate, and lots of hiding spots. They also get sphagnum moss and leaf litter. They should not be kept wet, but a very small shallow water dish can be used.

Many thanks about your comment, because I want to care as better, Could you kindly comment also about diet ? I´d note they are more active at night, but for me is quite dificult to keep watching for make sure they´re eating. Or I can feed them at daytime ?

I feed them in the evening. Fruit flies, bean beetles, tiny crickets, worms, dubia- any small live prey, really. I don't sit and watch for them to eat. If it's moving, they'll eat it.

Reactions: 3k0
[QUOTE = "Herpin Man, publicación: 499396, miembro: 30223"]
Les doy de comer por la noche. Moscas de la fruta, escarabajos del frijol, grillos diminutos, gusanos, dubia, cualquier presa viva pequeña, en realidad. No me siento y miro a que coman. Si se mueve, se lo comerán.
[/CITAR]
Excelente asesoría. Muchas gracias !

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back