Help me and brenden feeding problem!!...

A

ammar

ok here i just recently bought this cute small little chinese fire belly newt and when i say small i mean small hes only about 2 inches long and a cm wide im keepijng him in a 10gallon tank and im feeding him frozen bloodworms in icecubes i put half an icecub in the tank daily but he just ignores it i did have a little food dish in the corner of the tank but as soon as i put the blood worms in the dish and put the dish in the water the water took the the blood worms all out and you know what the problem is with that when i got him i discovered hes not much of a swimer he spends most of his time on his little plant sticking out of the water and his rock so i put blood worms on a rock or something gues what gues what he ignored that 2 and when u put blood worms on a rock it looks more like jelly i gues that y they call them blood worms anyway i really need your help fast 2 day i went bye his tank and he was even skinier so i need some kind of feeding way 2 feed these frozen blood worms and sence hes not much of a swimmer i have 8 inches of water in the tank should i take that out please reply fast

(Message edited by apples on August 10, 2005)

Woah dude, sort that punctuation (or extreme lack of it) out! A few full stops and commas would really help. This post should be in the help section - maybe someone will move it.

If you look through the help section you will see many posts exactly like yours with people facing the same feeding problems for newly acquired animals. Have a read through them for ideas on what foods to offer and the reasons for your newts behaviour.

Good luck... don't forget, full stops, commas and if you're feeling brave chuck in the odd capital letter.

thx mark i wasent really asking for a gramer lessen i was asking for an answer!!!!!!!!!!!

Improved grammar gets more answers
happy.gif

A 10 word sentence reads more easily than a 280 word sentence.

OK OK WHATEVER FORGET THE GRAMER FOR A MINIITE IM SERIUS I REALLY NEED HELP A PIREADS ARNT GONNA HELP BRENDEN

Hi Marsbar,

I think we already met in the chat, and what I read here completes my picture of you...

I tried for about half an hour to give you advice, but I got the impression, you don´t really want help, when people don´t exactly tell you what you want to hear!

So, if you continue making the same mistakes, take no advice and think you can solve your problem just by the right technique to feed bloodworms, I pity your newt...
In addition to that you should learn how to behave in a public forum, else nobody will try to help you anymore.

umm thats not the point in the chat we were haveing u had no experience and the only thing u could tell me is well if your not allowed 2 get live food ur a bad owner and umm ya when u start a thread in a fourm WITH A SUBJECT people should folo that suject not start there own u gave me no tecknick for feeing in the chat so i asked here

Like Mike said, there are many post discussing similar problems so you should be able to get some help there. Also check out the care sheet for CFB

http://www.caudata.org/cc/species/Cynops/C_orientalis.shtml

And the FAQ page

http://www.caudata.org/cc/faq/FAQcar.shtml

Both have sections on feeding that should help you. How long have you had the newt? Has he eaten at all since you got him? It's possible that he might just need time to settle in.

PS. The others are right. Tidy up your grammar and spelling. If you want help from people you need to make it as easy as possible for them to understand you.

Ammar, there are many wonderful people on this forum who are willing to share their experience and advice with those in need. It will help if you post your question in a)the correct area and b)in a format of English that others can understand. I personally have difficulty interpreting your slang. There are many users on the forum for whom English is not their first language but still make the effort. As Ester pointed out people are more likely to help you if your posts are more intelligible.

As for advice, my previous post still stands. The answers to your questions are in the help section of the forum where there are numerous topics along the same line as yours.

Ammar,
I suspect that there are multiple problems going on here given that the newt is not going into the water.
So the following questions need to be answered
1) is the tank cycled?
2) what is the temperature at which you are keeping the newt?
3) given that you are feeding bloodworms how often are you changing the water?

If you are unsure then check out the articles on the caudata culture page and they will help you answer these questions.

As other people have pointed out, it is difficult to read through a post when it is underlined, in form of text message slang and/or all in capitals. I already corrected one of your posts and do not look forward to doning anymore so please type the questions/answers out and follow polite forum rules.

This is not the correct section for this post, the help section is where these types of questions should be posted. Please post your responses in the help section and there should be to get some help.

Ed

(Message edited by Ed on August 09, 2005)

Hi Edward,

I suspect that your efforts will be useless...
Exactly the questions you asked here, I tried to ask in the chat, and all I got to hear was "tell me how I can feed blood worms, or you can´t help me" - he didn´t want to hear anything about water temperature, filters or anything else about newt keeping...

Oh, and thanks for the help Ester, and Dawn it really helped, well it helped more than use periods.

ammar, how is your newt doing? I was having problems with my easterns when I first got them. They ignored feedings. I eventually found they would only eat if I toothpick fed them. To this day that's how they eat; defrosted blood worms on the end of a rounded tooth pick. They're lazy but if it works...
He'd probably enjoy a small wiggly earthworm on occasion....great way to plump him up.

Hi Meghan, I think I've found the problem, I Think it's because he's new and i've been handeling him to much. I think im just going to leave him be for 2 days with no lights. But all he does now is hide under his plant, and I told you about the food dish that comes out of the water I filled it up with frozen blood worms, but since he does'ent go to the side of the tank with the food dish I used one of Esters idea's and took some toilet paper, Yes I used toilet paper, and socked it then put some frozen blood worms on it and put it next to the plant, so if my way of feeding does'ent work ill try your idea. So thanks everyone thats been helping me.

Hi Everyone.

I will be moving this thread to the help section in 24 hours, as it is most appropriate there.

Ammar, your profile says that you are 16, yet in this thread you said that you had just graduated from the 6th grade. I'd like to emphasize that if you are not 13+ years old (a 16 year old 6th grader?), you need parental supervision to participate in this forum.

It's good you seek information, but please do not break the law.

(Message edited by apples on August 10, 2005)

Might be a daft question but since no-one else has asked it I will.

Ammar you mentioned that you are feeding frozen bloodworms to your pet and when sat on the rock it looks like a jelly substance. You are defrosting the cubes BEFORE you give them to him aren't you? Not just letting it melt in the tank. Because a creature that likes its food wriggling won't find an ice cube appetising.

Why don't you try live foods? He's not going after the bloodworms, that's already obvious. Try earthworms, small crickets, small wax worms.

Just to avoid any misunderstandings. Ammar isn't allowed to buy live food (sucks being a kid until of course you figure out how many bills go with being an adult). He's stuck with feeding his newt frozen/dried products.
If anyone has suggestions beyond frozen blood worms, it'd be greatly appreciated.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back