PDA

View Full Version : How do you ship juvenile axolotls?

EasternNewtLove
29th June 2012, 19:15
I was going to ship UPS but the site says that they will not ship any endangered species and axolotls are endangered....

Jan
30th June 2012, 13:00
For starters, have a look at this article Caudata Culture Articles - Shipping (http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/shipping.shtml).

Considering that most of the country is in the middle of a heat warning - now is not a time to think about shipping.

Jennewt
1st July 2012, 01:27
Do you really mean UPS? Most people use USPS. I don't believe they have any restriction of this type.

EasternNewtLove
1st July 2012, 14:18
I did mean UPS. I had thought most people used UPS. I'll use that then.

nwmnnaturalist
1st July 2012, 15:00
As mentioned above, with temperatures far above normal in most areas of the country, you may want to hold off on shipping. At the very least, it should be overnight service with ample cooling materials.

EasternNewtLove
1st July 2012, 21:43
Yes it's being overnight shipped but I am really considering Holdin off. It would be terrible to have the axolotl die of heat :(

Bdyoung
2nd July 2012, 00:13
You shouldn't have a problem if you add an ice pack. I've shipped fish that are worth thousands of dollars in below 0 and over 100 degrees fahrenheit with no problems. It would be more expensive to ship, but your axie should be fine.