The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

Old 30th May 2019   #1
reddead

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: reddead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Floating

I got my axolotls 5 days ago, Lilo and Stitch! They both settled in very nicely. However, this morning I noticed Stitch had her tail and back legs up floating up towards the top of the water. She doesn't have any bloating that I can see and looks the same as when I got her. She had a worm today so she is still wanting to eat. What should I do? Shall I wait a few days or shall I try putting her in the fridge?

These are my first pair and I'm so worried about her.

Please help!!

Thank you, Ellie.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1848.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	55502   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1847.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	55503  

reddead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2019   #2
Hayley
(Hayleyy)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: Hayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Floating

I replied to your message but it's good to see the photos! Like I said I think it might be gas or needing to poop. Keep an eye on bowel movements. How long are the axolotls?

Hayleyy is offline   Reply With Quote