Stipe/other plant geeks ;o)

C

charlie

Ok. Petsworld in pitt st had banana lilies DAMN cheap ($1.20 each, 3 for $3) so I've got.... 6)

Whats the best way to plant them/care for them. Seems a mutant plant - the leaves and roots both going upwards?

I've planted part of it under the substrate (sand) and kept the leaves facing up?

(no insult intended by plant geek. I'm a fish geek, no doubt!)

Theres many conversations about banana lillies spread throughout the boards..

yes it is a very good site for info Theresa, but if u ask a question u probably wont get a reply like here, "they seem so snobby"

Thats a perfect link. Got it right it seems. Turned out the plants had that I was told were banana lilies, were not. So i bought 6! (they were cheap!)

Taken out a bit of the elodea and replaced it with the lilies. One of the plants has about 10 inches of roots/branches on it, so I'm pretty happy! just have to see how it grows now
happy.gif

Hey Rob, Interesting. I've never gone on the forum, just looked up different plants. i have done fishgeeks allot and they are rally unsnobby and helpful. Nothing about axies on that site for sure. This is def. the "bomb' on axies and the like. i am very thankful for all the help I have received here, for sure. thanks everyone again...!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back