Question: 1st clean

LionHart

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i am wondering if i could get some advise.

i have had my axi's for 3 weeks in a brand new tank, treated and left to run empty for two,
and i am wondering when i should do the first clean?

also is it a 20-30% change i should do?

Depends what you mean by 'clean'.

If your tank is cycled correctly the only thing to be advised is to do the 20% water changes every week or two depending on the size of your tank and amount of Axolotls.

Have your got your self a water testing kit to monitor the Ammonia, Nitrites, Nirates, and PH? I recommend the Welcome to API Fishcare: FRESHWATER MASTER TEST KIT

Your tank must be cycled to keep your Axolotl healthy and to avoid disease/fungus/infections: How to Cycle a Fish Tank

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back