5 axys in a 4 foot tank

russell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Will 5 large axys be ok in a 4 foot tank for about a week while i do up there accomodations in the other room?

I will not clean the filter in the tank thats being done and i will fill the tank with water from the tank in the other room.

The reason is i want to remove the sand substrate and go for an aquarium siliconed slate base with a whle lot of slate caves.

I will have a deepish sand area at one end to deeply plant some tall plants to stem the flow from the filter.

will do brother.
I may need a favour of you soon mate - Im probably going to use me four footer for a group of Mudskippers.
Would you look after an axy for me for a bit until the sister in laws tank matures - She lives in dinnington not far from you and she would like one of mine

Yeah, would be a pleasure buudy! ...I virtually pass Dinnington on my way to work (I live just off Jnt 30). PM me with details.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back