9you tube

Gail24

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey everyone i was looking at YouTube and saw this about what they fed their Axolotls
i thought they only ate meat ,fish, worms etc anyone else tried veges ,surely it can't be good for them :(don't think i will be doing this .

Uploaded on Feb 4, 2011
These axolotls are eating a mixture of chicken, broccoli, peas, cauliflower, potato, olive oil, cod liver oil, cashew nuts and turmeric (which produces the bright yellow colour). This is what I usually eat for dinner, and to feed it to the axolotls, I chew it into a paste

I would consider it a very inappropriate diet for an axolotl... They chew it into a paste? I wouldn't be doing that for any of my animals...

Me either they sound like they should not be having them at all ,it really is sad

It is sad :( I would expect this diet would likely cause some nutritional deficiencies and I can't see how the axolotl would live long on this diet...

That is horrific, what did the axolotls look like in the video?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back