Photo: A. andersoni - newly acquired

Thanks everyone!

I was wondering if you had them in the UK too, Mel! I certainly hope so!

@Hannah, yes, if I end up with eggs, you will DEFINITELY be getting eggs if I have to hand carry them to your doorstep!! ;)

Yes, I have read that they are more sensitive to water quality than the axolotls so best believe I am staying on top of things. Michael has assured me things should go along fine though so I am holding him to that! ;)

On a sad note,I regrettably report that the lightest one, pic #2, passed a few days ago. Evidently, being the smallest, he succumbed to stress from the long ride home as there were no outwardly signs of anything being wrong, I just found him, already gone...

...I am happy to say that the other two are doing very well and will be more than happy to post many, many updates just as long as Mel keeps us up to date about Dogga ;) :D...

Aww poor little guy!!
Glad the others are ok though!

Of course I will keep you updated on Dogga (and my newly acquired melanoid who I intend him to live with when (if) the teeny melanoid catches up with Dogga)
Mel
x

What?!??! You've been holding out on me, Mel!!!!! You didn't tell me you got a melanoid!! lol Congrats on FINALLY getting one!!

Thank you to all for the well wishes and for checking out my guys! :D

Dragonlady they are amazing love them what amazing markings!! Sorry about your loss how sad :(

Glad Daz asked the question as I was wondering about the difference aswell :)

good luck with them :D

What?!??! You've been holding out on me, Mel!!!!! You didn't tell me you got a melanoid!! lol Congrats on FINALLY getting one!!

Aw I'm sorry, I only just got him last week and haven't got any good photos yet.

As soon as i do you'll know.

I am just giving Dogga a photoshoot, I'll pop the photos on later and i might put some on of my new guy too!

Mel
x

Hi Shannon,

Congratulations for your beautiful new andersonis. :D
But I´m sorry about your loss.

Tina

So sorry to hear about your loss, I wish the best for your other two.

Thanks guys! I am happy to say that the other two are eating machines who now recognize me as I approach their tank and get very excited. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back