A..feces question..

H

haley

I feel like I'm posting way to much on this site, but I have yet another question...(my apologies
happy.gif
)

I don't know who it came from, but I have found two droppings in my tiger tank where the big part looks like regular tiger feces, but attached to it is about 6-7 inches of skinny (for lack of a better description)worm-like matter that is basically the same color.
It's strange. My mom wonders if it's a parasite. Right now I just wonder why this has happened now and not before, and if it is a sign of something else.

Haley, you can never ask too many questions!

I have no idea what the 'thread' off the poop would be. It's not uncommon for tiger salamanders (as with all salamanders) to have parasites. You could take it to a vet for a 'deworming'.

It could also be a piece of something that was undigestable, such as plant material.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back