A forum for tortoises?

Genome42

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Niki
Hello,
My boyfriend and i are looking into getting a tortoise to add to our 'zoo' :D and i was wondering if anybody knew of a forum similar to this one for tortoises. This forum has been really useful for my research into axies before i got them and for advice etc. I like to learn lots before i introduce a new pet!
It would be helpful if the forum had UK based posters too.
Thanks for any help!

I would try kningsnake. It has many experienced members.

Hello,

Particularly in the UK, I would definitely recommend joining the Tortoise Trust (www.tortoisetrust.org) and/or British chelonia Group (http://www.britishcheloniagroup.org.uk); not only do they have plenty of information on keeping tortoises, they also have members willing to sell or rehome tortoises, which is a far better source than buying one from a pet shop or off the internet. The tortoise trust at least has an email list as well.

I have to say that I would be wary of general reptile forums; many are populated mainly by snake/lizard keepers whose advice on tortoises is not always the best.

hope this helps.

Bruce.

Hello,
My boyfriend and i are looking into getting a tortoise to add to our 'zoo' :D and i was wondering if anybody knew of a forum similar to this one for tortoises. This forum has been really useful for my research into axies before i got them and for advice etc. I like to learn lots before i introduce a new pet!
It would be helpful if the forum had UK based posters too.
Thanks for any help!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back