A friend for Kitty?

aeviette

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My little Kitty is settling in well, having lots of fun hiding in teapots and things. She keeps looking into the corners of the tank though, swimming along beside her reflection- is she trying to hint that she wants a friend? I was planning to wait until she's fully grown (and confirmed a he or she!) and get another adult, to avoid getting eggies, but maybe she's lonely? What do people think?

I'm not sure they get lonely as such, but I do think they act differently when they have pals. We've deliberately kept Albi separate because we love his personality so much and don't want him to change!

I love watching Chester and Roscoe bounding round their tank, they are quite hilarious, and I can't recommend getting another lotl highly enough - but you are absolutely right to consider the future and the fact you may end up needing a second tank. Still, that means you can get them more friends of the same sex!

Albi is a bit magic. :) I'll probably decide to be sensible and wait until she's an adult- I might have to move to Cambridge in a year's time (I hope!) and it's going to be enough of a nightmare getting everything and everyone there as it is... I can't be adding another 2ft of tank to that!

Oooh Cambridge are doing a Postgraudate course I like the look of! :p

Same here, I would love for Mr Bonjangles to have some friends.

Oooh Cambridge are doing a Postgraudate course I like the look of! :p

Same here, I would love for Mr Bonjangles to have some friends.

Let's both go to Cambridge and get a flat together, and fill it FULL of weird animals!

I was worried mine was lonely, shes an adult now but the only reason i got her so quick was that she kept eating others legs in the tank at my boyfriends shop and upsetting everyone lol poor other axies, she didnt mind no wonder shes so fat now lol x

I wanted an axy but i was going to wait but he brought her home to me and she is lovely likes biting fingers though;)

Let's both go to Cambridge and get a flat together, and fill it FULL of weird animals!

Haha! I can just imagine our heads popping out amongst thousands of weird looking animals!

yay local Axolotl owners, im from Harlow in Essex but my girlfriend is from cambridge

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back