Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

A giant lumbricus

J

juraj

I found this on last Saturday. It`s the largest worm I`ve ever found.
27567.jpg

J

john

Wow, what a monster
happy.gif
. Either that, or you have very small hands :p.

R

ralf

Dear "worm-charmer" Juraj, how long did you have to wrestle with it before being able to take the picture?
biggrin.gif

J

juraj

Well
I was thinking about release this lady but hungry pleuro female said no !

J

jesper

That's one big worm Juraj!
Did she eat it whole?? That would be awesome, hehe.
lol.gif

P

pamela

My Grandfather used to raise nightcrawlers by the hundreds that size! I used to take them out and play with them. He would say "Put 'em back, you'll dry 'em out!" Of course, he was right.
lol.gif

A

alexander

These worms are widespread in Russia. I breed them without problems!

35106.jpg

J

jennifer

These are really monsters. When you say you "breed" them, Alex, how do you keep them? Do they reproduce quickly?

A

alexander

These are not really monsters, because really monsters have length 30 cm! (from Russian books, I don't see) I keep them in the plastic box.
They don't reproduce quickly...but eat a lot. I work with them for the worm-culture!

C

chelsea

hi alexander could i please get instructions on how to keep these worms. thnks in advance

thomas

Reaction score
I agree with you Alex,
i have plenty of these worms
38523.jpg
, and these exceed 30cm(not stretched out), but occasionally i dig out individuals much bigger!!
It is so wet were i find them that they will probably go aquatic in a couple of million years

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1