A lump that keeps getting bigger

StuStu

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey guys n girls

So i've had Limbo now for about 3 years and he's always been a happy little camper, does his laps and corner checking on a daily basis, eats well, poops very well! and generally seems pretty content but for a while now (at least 6 months) i've noticed that his left back side seems to have a lump or growth.

I've attached a pic and you can see that it's not a protruding lump but the whole left back side is larger than the other. I never really paid too much attention to it but recently its become more noticable and i'm starting to get a little worried.

He still swims around and doesn't seem bothered by it if i cradle him in my hand and touch it but i'm wondering if there are any precautionary measures i could take, just in case it's something more serious that i could prevent.

Attachments

• 20160708_003522.jpg
    20160708_003522.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 139
Do you have a herp vet in your area? It may be worth considering especially if the lump is continuing to grow.

What substrate is he on? Could it be an impaction of some sort? A vet would be able to tell you if it's impaction, constipation, or who know what else. Your best bet is to have him diagnosed by a vet to get the proper treatment. Best wishes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back