Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Abby and her tank

lea

Reaction score
hi everyone
this is abby......she has a 3ft tank and she shares it with gary the snail......we got her a couple of months ago and i was told she was about 6-7 months old(her toes where still white, they have changed now) she eats earthworms(mainly) and bloodworms(treat). the gravel in her tank is 1mm even though it looks bigger in the photos. i hope the photos work.
lea

Attachments

• SDC11489.jpg
    SDC11489.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 297
  • SDC11488.jpg
    SDC11488.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 251
  • SDC11424.jpg
    SDC11424.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 245

Durbimac000

Reaction score
She is super cute!:)
I really like that idea of putting the worms in to the mason jar, I do not have an axolotl yet. When i do get one i plan on getting one just like yours. My local exotic pet store said they wont get them in until June tho. Not positive why. Is that a log in the center of your tank?

lea

Reaction score
hi durbimac000
yeah..... its not wood tho....i think it is plastic......the jar(peanut paste) was an idea from someone on this forum(sorry i cant remember who it was tho but im grateful...it worked)...good luck when you get your axie...make sure you post some photos for us to see......at least you have plenty of time to research and get your tank cycled...........
lea

Skilly

Reaction score
Abby is such a pretty girl (and such a cute face!) and she has a lovely tank :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1