Adding sand and wood to tank?

Yeah i did think they might crack or shatter, didnt think about explosions hah! Its just quite a smooth brown rock with a grey line in it, quite flat and its just something i could add and grow some java moss on :)

Quarts is safe? Cool my bedroom is pink so itll match yay!x

It's also true with microwaving rocks....don't know why anyone would...but it can be pretty dangerous.

Search google for people microwaving jawbreakers...I think kids have been seriously injured because they microwaves jawbreakers...kids these days.

Yeah i did think they might crack or shatter, didnt think about explosions hah! Its just quite a smooth brown rock with a grey line in it, quite flat and its just something i could add and grow some java moss on :)

Quarts is safe? Cool my bedroom is pink so itll match yay!x

Finally found some nice bogwood from ebay £3.20 for two peices hahaa ;) and ordered ten java plants and will get some java moss soon! Ill try get some pics on when its set up.. Still more to buy though!

Wheres the best place to find a nice hide?
I want one that looks natural so not pvc or anything?

Finally found some nice bogwood from ebay £3.20 for two peices hahaa ;) and ordered ten java plants and will get some java moss soon! Ill try get some pics on when its set up.. Still more to buy though!

Wheres the best place to find a nice hide?
I want one that looks natural so not pvc or anything?

I bought a nice terracotta pot, its kinda like a Mediterranean jug from a garden center. its a great hidey hole and looks awesome too, cost me £5. But it depends on preference, you could always go for some rock caves by stacking rocks up?

:happy:

Ive made my bogwood into a small cave with the help of some rocks but its a bit bare in the center of the tank, just got a nice resin log hide off ebay for £8 which is good considering the rock cave in the shop was £21 and the log one was £11 and it was quite short and rubbish :) quite pleased so far but need more plants and such for the back of the tank, tank looks smaller now though because of the decorations :( cant wait to find a bigger tank!x

Good luck tank hunting, im doing the same atm.

I find pet store items are fairly hit and miss, and sometimes kinda cheesy and expensive considering its only resin.

One of the only pet shop decorations i like is the cave hide one though its kind of expensive, also the croc skull hide. If you think your tank is bare, try working on designs for your tank on paper.

:happy:

I really really want one of the 3D backgrounds but i should wait until i get a perminant tank really, im so impatient! :D

Yeah i kind of had an idea of what i wanted but i guess my mental image of the stuff in my tank wasnt up to scale so it takes up a bit of room haha.

Yeah i really like some of the more "natural" looking tank items but theyre sooo expensive like you said considering what theyre made from!
Have you seen the skull they got for sale? Looks so real, kinda scary haha!

What siz tank are you on the hunt for? :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back