Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

advice on young newts during making of new pond

veganised

Reaction score
hello all. i live in uk .i had to remove water and life from pond has i have a leak and i need a new pond. its autumn here so only young newts are left in the pond as well as all the other life you get in a wildlife pond. ive put the young newts in a bucket of pond water with some weed and mud from the bottom the pond. they may have to remain there for 1 or two weeks. do i need to feed them? i found lots of jelly like life the size of marbles does any one know what they are? and will it be ok put them in with the newts ? would really appreciate your advice. thankyou. so glad i found this forum i love my newts.

KrabzAga

Reaction score
I think the jelly marbles are eggs. I don't think putting all of them in a bucket of water will be the best idea as they need some space to spread out. I think buying a 5 gallon tub or something for now is the best option. They aren't too expensive either. I think you should feed some frozen blood worms or brine shrimp for now. Again super cheap.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!