Albino Female Leucistic Male.. All Wild Offspring???

mikeg

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
Michael
So i just bought my axie eggs the mother was golden albino and the father was leucistic but the eggs look to be all green and yellow with black eyes so they are not albino and not leucistic....... is it even possible to have all offspring different color than the parents??

Attachments

• IMG_00000455.jpg
    IMG_00000455.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,639
  • IMG_00000456.jpg
    IMG_00000456.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 547
  • IMG_00000457.jpg
    IMG_00000457.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_00000458.jpg
    IMG_00000458.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 490
  • IMG_00000459.jpg
    IMG_00000459.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 666
回复: Albino Female Leucistic Male.. All Wild Offspring???

I think some of them are white with black eyes,most of them are wild color.
I made a pic for you.Hope it is useful
A big pic,check it.
66273705201305041049461140959869269_000.jpg

So i just bought my axie eggs the mother was golden albino and the father was leucistic but the eggs look to be all green and yellow with black eyes so they are not albino and not leucistic....... is it even possible to have all offspring different color than the parents??

Re: 回复: Albino Female Leucistic Male.. All Wild Offspring???

Thats one big picture :D

Thank you soo much that picture helps alot:happy:. My other batch the leucistic were pure white with black eyes and these ones weren't so it threw me off a little.

I think some of them are white with black eyes,most of them are wild color.
I made a pic for you.Hope it is useful
A big pic,check it.
66273705201305041049461140959869269_000.jpg

Re: 回复: Albino Female Leucistic Male.. All Wild Offspring???

It's simple genetics: The mother is a/a (albino), D/- (not white). The father is A/a (not albino), d/d (white). The offspring will then all be either A/a or a/a, and D/d or -/d. When you have A/a (not albino), D/d (not white), you get wildtype.

If all of the eggs are dark, the mother is D/D, and none of the offspring will be white.

Can you send me the genetic page link i tried to find it but i could.

What color gene is D/D? All i know is the parents are leucistic and Golden albino form what i understood the babies would take the dominate gene

Can you send me the genetic page link i tried to find it but i could.

What color gene is D/D? All i know is the parents are leucistic and Golden albino form what i understood the babies would take the dominate gene

they do take the dominant gene, which makes them wild type. The "odd" colors are from 2 recessive genes.

Yes this is the Page i was asking about thanks :happy:

What i am confused about is how a golden and leucistic carry some gene of wild type yet give off all wild?? wouldn't it be recessive and not dominate?

The site says the capital letter are dominate and the lower case is ressesive. you said that if the offspring is dark the mother is D/D which the site says is dark ( i assume color of axolotl) but the mother is golden albino which makes it A/A right?? The breeding pair is albino and white so the offspring should not be black because im not breeding not albino A/a and not white D/d which make wild babies?? How is it that very little to non are golden or leucistic? if i breed one of these babies with a golden or leucistic will i get that golden or leucistic morphs because it is ressesive ??

they do take the dominant gene, which makes them wild type. The "odd" colors are from 2 recessive genes.

It's simple genetics: The mother is a/a (albino), D/- (not white). The father is A/a (not albino), d/d (white). The offspring will then all be either A/a or a/a, and D/d or -/d. When you have A/a (not albino), D/d (not white), you get wildtype.

If all of the eggs are dark, the mother is D/D, and none of the offspring will be white.

Sorry for all the questions i am just a little confused because my last batch of melaniod and leucistic came out 140 melaniod 170 leucistic

I'm getting confused reading posts by you all, and I teach genetics!

Here's my explanation:
All colour morphs of axolotl are recessive. The A, D, M and Ax genes give albino, leucistic, Melanoid and axanthic in their recessive alleles (written a, d, m and ax). Your parents are albino and leucistic, with the albino having the genes a/a, and the leucistic having d/d. If we assume that they possess wild type genes for all other colour alleles, then the parental genetics are as follows:
Albino aaDDMMAxAx
Leucistic AAddMMAxAx

All offspring will inherit at least one A allele (from the leucistic parent) and one D allele(from the albino parent). All offspring will have the following genetics:
AaDdMMAxAx - therefore 100% of the offspring will be wild type, as they each possess at least one dominant allele for each gene, which gives a wild type colouration.

Of course this is assuming that each parent has dominant alleles for the M and Ax genes, and the albino isn't carrying one 'd' and the leucistic isn't carrying one 'a'. If this is not so, and the parents are carrying some genes then you can get a mix of offspring.

Does this clear things up for people?

genetics is a bit of a weird one. each baby will inherit one gene from the mother and one from the father. some genes are dominant, and some are recessive. the dominant one will always show over the recessive, even if one gene is dominant and the other is recessive.

leucistic and albino genes are recessive, and for a recessive gene to show the two genes from the parents (called alleles) must both be recessive. because both the parents are recessive, they only have a recessive allele to give, so the offspring have to be leucistic or albino. sometimes weird things happen and a wild type will pop out but that will have to be because breeding involved a wild type axolotl. your babies will be fine albinos, they may just look a little weird while they're still eggs :)

Okay thanks i think i understand now :happy: thanks for clearing it up.

*moves hand over head in a fast motion* this all just went wooosh and i have no clue about genetics, but i like my axies any colour :)

I am in the exact same boat as layna!
Mike, I'm pretty sure our babies are all wild.
Every single one of them have black eyes, yellow bodies with black speckles.

I am in the exact same boat as layna!
Mike, I'm pretty sure our babies are all wild.
Every single one of them have black eyes, yellow bodies with black speckles.

I think so too, some of mine got a little lighter but most are green/yellow. Hopefully if they all turn out wild they have alot of iridophore, i always liked the look of iridophore on goldens and wilds axolotl but i am happy either way aslong as i have somthing to takecare for and watch grow up.:happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back