Ammonia source, UK

kvontrapp

New member
Joined
May 27, 2014
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
35
Location
Southampton, England
Country
United Kingdom
Last irritating novice question I swear, lol!
I was recommended to use an own-brand household ammonia from Ace Hardware for fish-less cycling, but (as far as I'm aware) we don't have those in the UK. I was wondering whether this would be a decent source? Or if anyone could link any tried & tested that are available to buy on-line! (Preferably Amazon, as I have Prime :p and it's just so convenient haha.)
The tank I'm cycling is a 23 liter/6 US gallon, (his temp. baby/juvie tank!) and I'm wondering what I use to measure the PPM of the ammonia. For e.g., a pipette? And what calculation am I doing of tank space/water volume to determine how much ammonia to add?
Thank you in advance!
 
That should work nicely.
You'll have to experiment with dosing - but it will be drops at a time rather than cups.
 
Thank you so much (yet again haha) Auntiejude! Your advice has been invaluable to me & I'm so grateful that you do this for free & in your own time
am I right in thinking that if I were to add too much, a partial water change could correct it? (Just in case! I will of course go in with the attitude of 'less is more')
 
i got a bottle of 'kleen off' from ebay :D
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
    Back
    Top