Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

And the circle is complete...

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Well...almost :p
This very stupid post is just to say that i FINALLY have an aquatic CB Cynops orientalis! It´s been a year more or less since it morphed, and now it´s taken to the water. I think it´s a tiny little male.
I´m chuffed to bits with the little fella, i just hope everything goes well and it doesn´t drown like the first one i had going back to water(technically this post is about the second one, but since the other one died, i´m not counting it :p)
I´ve waited for so long, and hand-fed so many foods to this newt...i can´t wait til the day he matures and the circle is trully complete :)

Photos coming soon(just waiting for the joy of my collection to make himself visible).

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats! Now that he's in the water, he should grow faster.

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I only managed to get one decent pic, and it´s still rather bad xD
Anyway, here it is, my pride and joy...

Attachments

• P1070245.JPG
    P1070245.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 329

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
A couple of better pics. He´s doing great, eating well, being active and cute as a box of kittens.

Attachments

• P1070249.JPG
    P1070249.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 289
  • P1070254.JPG
    P1070254.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 272

Jesper

Reaction score
Oh so very clearly a small male, I havent seen such a clear case of male gender in such a small orientalis before hehe. He's not even red yet :)

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, clearly a male hehe. I´ve been seen him display his cloacal papillae a few times, which means he is already mature even though he is still small.
He used to have a nice red colour when he was terrestrial. For some reason when he became aquatic the red faded a lot. Now he is recovering the colour and although he doesn´t have the striking wild coloration, he looks quite nice.

Jesper

Reaction score
Ah, so how big is he? Yeah the cynops I've raised have started out yellow, then slowly turned red. But I have kept them aquatic from early on. But they turned red long before becoming mature, well more like orange than red really:eek: I never did enjoy feeding them blood worms...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!