Aneides lugubris

R

russ

Just a couple of pics of the progress of some Aneides lugubris from this year.

<center>
your_image.gif
</center>

<center>
your_image.gif
</center>

RUSS

Oops.

<center>
27749.jpg
</center>

<center>
27750.jpg
</center>

<center>
27751.jpg
</center>

RUSS

i love this species. i hope to get some when i am ready to expand my collection.

I hatched eight and am keeping three. The female I collected back in 01' with an adult male and juvy. I lost the other two in 02' to that weird necrosis they get if they stay too damp too long (I had moved to a climate with higher humidity and didn't take that into account when watering). She did lay twelve eggs in 02' but I tried to incubate them on vermiculite and they just didn't stay damp enough. This time I used perlite and it worked great. I collected another pair and juvy this last winter, that female never appeared gravid. They're all from Monterey. Both females appear to be forming ova this season.

I also have a small colony from Oakland, none are adult yet though.

RUSS

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back