Annulatum morphs eating

P

paris

im trying out the school cam i borrowed, so here are some shots of them eating/checking out the menu items.....hopefully better pics to come once i get the hang of this cam
38671.jpg

38672.jpg

the smallest of them-the one i never saw eat-died, so now i have 7, but i have seen all of the rest them attempt to eat, some have difficulty with a worm piece on the substrate but will take it eventually when handed to them on forceps, they seem to need glasses cause their aim is off. so far though i few are known to be really good eaters-esp the big one who morphed first and is out sizing the others, but the rest of them seem to have a good chance. i might try raising waxworms so i can have small stuff that is known for its tastyness-some will approach a worm chunk but when it touches their nose they shake their heads back and forth and wont try to eat again for a while.

Dave, this is the first time I've seen these offered for sale. They look awesome. This may be worth mentioning as a separate thread in the Live Foods section.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back