Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Any experience with Kassina maculata?

A

abrahm

I am really taken by these frogs as they are very pretty and exhibit some interesting behavior? Has anyone here kept them and have any advice on captive conditions? Have they been bred in captivity and are they easy to induce breeding?

Has anyone noticed color changing in these frogs? We once surprised one our specimens by turning on the lights at night and he was nearly white. He quickly turned to his normal darker coloration. Has anyone else seen this? Is it normal?

Thanks!

A

abrahm

Yes, I'm familiar with that piece of information. I have gleaned what little information is found on these animals on the web and I was wondering if anyone here has personal experience with these frogs.

Thanks for your help but I was looking for more specific natural history information or anecdotal evidence of captive care.

martin

Reaction score
Hello,
try to get in contact with authors of the standard books about african frogs.

Bye Martin

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!