Any great tips for hatching yellow spots?

butcha

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
bulldogge
Hi,,a local timber company has been clear cutting most of our mature hard woods,,I rescued a bunch of eggs before they bulldozed the pools over,,Ive read as much as possible,,besides changing half the water every second day,,and a new container once a week,,and keeping a ph above 6,,what else can I do do too obtain a good hatch?Temp?Light?,,,ive had them in water from a brook,,theyre coming along,,is tapwater that has been aged ok too use?Thanks,,all advice is welcome!

Thanks,,already read that info,,great article,,my only real??is warmer better,,and for lights,, is longer periods of light better,,thanks

With raising my eggs, the less they are interfered with, the better. Mine are kept in a large tub that they were laid in. No water changes or aeration is needed, and I kept mine on the cooler side..so out of direct sunlight.
Once they hatched, and they hatched over possibly a month or more, I let them feed on the small water organisms that had bred. I also added microworm. Once they got a little bigger they were fed small insect larvae such as gnat larvae, daphnia, fairy shrimp.

Thank you my dear! One more ?? for you,,ive read the white spots on the eggs mean theyre infertile,,or have a fungus,,,ive also read white spots are ok on yellow spotted eggs??

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back