Anyone would be interested?

W

wyatt

Thgis is NOT an official thing that i am selling my animals. i just want an opinion.

i have 4 nvv. they are all WC one year ago but are pretty much eating only frozen bloddworm cubesw(once thawed). they will eat live food, but now they have come accustomed to the frozen bloodworms. also, live food i used to use was small earthworms or finely chopped nightcrawlers.

one seems gravid but she will not lay eggs. i have even secluded her and she won't lay them. i have 4 and all of them, when provided a land area, liked to pile on top of each other and stay on land.

Should i sell or keep? i just would like to know what you would do. they are nice, but they are just a hassle.

(Message edited by mrnewt71 on November 13, 2005)

Well, we can't tell you whether to sell or keep your newts. If they're a hassle to you then there doesn't seem much point to having them. They should be something you enjoy, in my opinion. They are a joy to keep for most of us, I believe.

My notophthalmus female is taking her sweet time laying eggs. I've been unable to find any eggs last week even though she's very big. This weekend she deposited 3 eggs in short order.

I'm simply patient and let the animals do their thing. Some prefer being on land while others like to swim around. It has a lot to do with how often you feed them and where in my experience.
They prefer being fed every day when aquatic
happy.gif

i would be interested if you do decide to sell.
and i live in se michigan

Well, it is pending, so don't count on me selling them. i may or may not keep them. it depends. they aren't too much of a hassle, but, see, i am getting a bearded dragon and it would be hard to get it all taken care of. oh, and emily, i wouldn't be selling just giving away because of state law.

Well, since you're pretty local, and I have an upcoming empty tank, I might be interested. Local pickup would be fine, and you wouldn't have to worry about shipping. I'll fistfight Emily for 'em? lol, Just kidding!

My mom and I are thinking(I am 14, live at home) that maube we could incorporate them somewhere in our new aquarium dispaly. they are beautiful. so, guys, i don't think i will be selling them now. sorry. if I decide to i will ask again later in fall.

Just make sure you don't do a mixed species tank. These guys are pretty toxic. Good luck!

Hi Folks,
I am locking this thread. Wyatt, I understand that you were asking for suggestions about keeping or moving out your newts but as soon as people started posting they would buy them from you it went from a thread on advice to a for sale post. The various responses to this that stated that they would buy the newts are/were not appropriate to this area of the forum and should not have been posted.

Ed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back