Question: Aquarium salt ?

Shivermetim

New member
Joined
Jun 17, 2014
Messages
112
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Texas
Country
United States
I have2 wild coloration axolotls pinky and the brain and new to axolotls do they need like or not like any aquarium salt mixture or dose it help like it does for guppies?
Thanks for your help
 
Awesome just wanted to check thanks for the link and information
 
I took this right off of axolotl.org

"Axolotls prefer somewhat hard water, and those that live in soft water will often suffer from temporary anaemia - the animal becomes pale and its gills lose their colouration for a few minutes or hours. This is not a dangerous condition but it can be prevented by supplementing the hardness of the water with added salts."




I use about one tablespoon of salt water fish salt per gallon of water. You can also use aquarium salt, rock salt, noniodized salt, or Hoftretters solution.
 
Got ya thanks for the additional information I will watch for that
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
    Back
    Top