Are these eggs? I keep findin these on the glass...

Karayna

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
*findinG... dang phone!

I have a 10 cm/4 inch axolotl that I keep in a 15 gallon until it's big enough to go with the others. Recently I've been finding these clutches of what could be jelly-like eggs on the glass, low enough for my axie to have laid them. 4-5 clutches! Isn't this far too early? His/her toes aren't even black yet.

Sorry for the bad photo, tried to photograph it after I sucked them into a turkey baster. They seem to contain individual "dots" (unfertilized fetuses?).

Attachments

• 2017-04-26 21.24.24.jpg
    2017-04-26 21.24.24.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 309
Snail eggs ?

Nope, I've only got a couple of ramshorns in there, and their eggs are like a flat bubble with tiny dots in it (I've had ramshorn snails forever so I know how their eggs look).

The mystery eggs are in "3D" - like 0.5 x 0.5 cm clutches of grapes. Bigger, jelly-like, individual spheres that are more "buoyant".

Have you added any live bio media recently? To me it looks a little like growing bio media ?

Have you added any live bio media recently? To me it looks a little like growing bio media ?

Nope, nothing. All the things that are in the tank (including the sponge filter) were taken from other tanks, and I haven't seen these anywhere before. Weird.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back