Are these Taricha or Sliders?

J

jeff

Caught my Tarichas piling up to bask underneath the UV flourescent lamp yesterday. It caught my attention when I saw the "Two-Headed Beast" out of the corner of my eye.

48433.jpg

48434.jpg

48435.jpg

48436.jpg

Great pics. That last one doesn't even look real. Looks like a sculpture of some kind.

If it were a sculpture, I'd buy it! Who couldn't use more taricha around?
love.gif

Tarichas going *towards* a UV lamp?

You've got some might strange ones there Jeff. Wonderful pictures.

Yeah, they love to bask underneath the light. I must say it's a flourescent UV light, so it doesn't give off much in the way of heat.

I'm with Pin-pin, mine run for the shadows of their log when I turn the light on. If I didn't, the poor plants would hate me though!

Maybe they're just playing King of The Mountain (or queen, in this case).

I especially like the fourth pic -- all those Taricha eyes!

That is he-larious. I can't belive that last shot! It's a worms worst nightmare! How many are in the tank total? They are some real happy looking newts.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back