Are you guys OK in london?

P

paris

listening to the BBC here in america and it says explosions all over london and tube shut down -want to hear from our members who live there and know you guys are ok.....please post to let the rest of us know not to worry.

Hi Parris
Not sure how many members live in london six blasts all over london not looking good.
Tony.

Paris,

An update from a friend that works for the London Transport Police is that there are around 60 dead/casualties known at this time.

No one has own up to it.. She is going to keep me informed to what she knows.. I'll post with more news later.

And thank you very much for your concern Paris. I too am unsure of which members live in london.. I hope everyone is ok.

thanks for your concern Paris. It was bound to happen one day, i can only hope that the casualties can be looked after by the best people around.

To make this topic more newt-relevant, our fellow caudate enthusiast, London Mayor Ken Livingston, just announced here in Asia that he has cut short his trip and is heading back to London to deal with the situation. I'd like to learn more about this guy as it's rare to see one of our own in such a lofty position
famous.gif

b IBX W1015 07-07 00028
^BC-AS-GEN--APNewsAlert<
SINGAPORE (AP) _ London Mayor Ken Livingstone says terror attack in London is mass murder.
AP-TK-07-07-05 1204GMT<

Hang in there, Londoners!

i shouldnt limit my concern to those who live there as it was during morning rush so it would involve those who work or were traveling there

Such a tragic loss of life, and on a day when we supposed to be basking in the euphoria of winning the 2012 olympics
sad.gif

As for Ken, he reportedly keeps and breeds newts and is a staunch supporter of newt conservation here in the UK. I wonder what species he keeps...

It is such a shame to hear about these cowardly acts of violence. My condolences to all who were effected.
Chip

has anyone from here ever met or contacted ken about his newts or let him know of this forum resource?

So far the total count of people killed is 53. I know of 2 people that were affected by the bombs. They were injured but not seriouly.. Thank god.

I personally have not met Ken, but I do work in partnership with the Greater London Authority, im sure i could slip in a word here or there
biggrin.gif

My thoughts and love go out to the people that have been afftected

I was on the Northern line when the one went off in Kings Cross. Fortunately I was on the Charing Cross branch, not the Bank/London Bridge branch...
My Dad was about two buses ahead of the one that was ripped apart.
Bastards.
Chris

good to hear you and your dad are ok chris, i am tempted to call up our mutual friend richard and see if he and his wife are fine.....

Eek, I'm glad to hear so far that none of you (and your salamanders) have been hurt.

The news here in Ireland has been dominated by this since Thursday morning. I'm glad to hear no one in our community has been injured. I'm glad Chris and his Dad are ok. My thoughts are certainly with the people in Britain right now. It's terribly sad that so many people were killed, particularly at a time when Londoners were feeling so much pride in the fact that they secured the 2012 Olympics on Wednesday. I heard on the news this evening that people of many nationalities were killed and injured. It's so frustrating (to say the least) to know that terrorist attacks like this do no good for anyone, and leave many people's and families' lives destroyed.

Well it seems Birmingham is now involved as the main city centre has been evacuated after intelligence suggested that Birmingham was next.
A controlled explosion was carried out on a bus by the police this evening according to the news

It looks like very few people were hurt in this round - the bombs seem to have been rather small.

The latest news is that these did have explosives in them, but they were not set up correctly, which ment that only the detonators went off.. The word is that only 1 person was injured and that was ment to be a bomber :S

Scary stuff.. im planning a trip to london next week and intend on using the underground (I actually love the underground!), i dont want this to affect us, but i value my life and several others

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back