Aristarchus pictures

daremo

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Hey
here's my little critter, i'm not sure it's a he or a she yet...

anyway it's adorable, it's left gills are missing (i guess bitten off by a mate in the petshop) and it's left arm was also missing but it regrew.

it grew a lot in the 5 months i had it, it's about 17 cm now and looooving the earthworms i am feeding it

aris.jpg
aristarco.jpg
aristarco2.jpg

He looks goofy! I am glad you gave him a good home he sounds special! how does he enjoy his new tank?

i think he's liking his new home!!

i am still trying to find either aquarium sand or very very small gravel, but i guess it's not common here because i couldn't find in any petshop or aquarium :-/

now since he's eating earthworms, when i walk past the tank he gets very exited, i get close to the tank and he swims towards me, and if i show him an earthworm he goes crazy!!

its a funny little one :)

He is very cute with that little odd gill. I'm so glad he found a good home! I love it once they get to know their owners! One of mine will come all the way to the surface and "nibble" my finger. :D

As for your sand, look for quartz sand and avoid sand that contains calcium carbonate or salt water - like marine sand. Here's the article: Caudata Culture Articles - Aquarium Substrates

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back