Axel's floating bum

wreckgar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I don't know whether to be concerned or not, but last week Axel's bum and hind legs were buoyant, while his front end was still very much attached to the floor. This seemed to distress him but only lasted for about a day. Should I be concerned?

Thanks,

sometimes they do this Wreckgar....it could be it swallowed to much air or it just needs a poo. Sometimes they also just like to float....:D

Usually a slight bum-float is warning that poo is imminent. If it's having trouble staying upright, or staying on the ground, then you can worry. But if it's only a bit of floating, and only for a little while and then goes away, I'd chalk it up to poo.

I was glad of this post actually, as angus does it aswell :) I joked that he needed to pump, and I wasnt far wrong..hee hee. Bless him x

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back