Axie Newbie

Shinsei

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am Roger, who, with my wife Ann, have embarked upon life with an Axolotl. A couple of months ago my 7 year old grandson installed a game on my mobile ‘phone called Axolotl Pet, then left me to feed and clean the darned thing. Ann asked, “Is there such a creature, he is really cute?” When we discovered that Axolotls really do exist and did our research, we were sold. The problem was that we only had one place to put a tank, a space in our living room wall units 80cm wide x 80cm high and 40cm deep. I needed space behind the tank for cables and pipes and plenty of space above the tank, so felt very restricted for size and was worried that an 80cm long x 36cm wide x 40cm high tank wouldn’t allow sufficient floor space, then convinced myself that was OK for one axo. So went out and bought said tank, fitted it out and then let it stand while I continued researching. Wow, so much conflicting advice, erroneous advice and well-informed advice. Caudata helped me enormously in sorting the wheat from the chaff. Today we purchased our axie and introduced ‘him’ to the tank. He promptly went into hiding and we haven’t seen him since. We look forward to seeing him again when he has settled in.

Attachments

• Axie tank.jpg
    Axie tank.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 265
Thank you kindly Otterwoman :)

I had to turn lights off and just use the room light. Have a dimmable light coming from Amazon to see if can get just right.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back