Axie Not Eating!

M

melissa

My axie has not eaten in four days now and is getting very skinny compared to the other three. He is normally very aggressive and a good eater. He loves blood worms but now he won't eat any thing I've tried. I just bought two new axies and everything was going fine. I thought maybe they made him sick but I don't think that is the case because his original tank mate is very healthy. Everyone else in the tank is flourishing. So, I decided to remove him from the rest of the group just in case he is sick. There are no visible signs that he looks sick (fungus or infection)except the fact that he is so much skinnier than the others. I'm scared I'm going to lose him!Please help!

Have you tried to feed him some live food? Brine shrimp maybe. 4 days really is not that long of time to go with out eating. Dose your main tank have alot of places to hide? Maybe he's getting pushed arround.

melissa i had the same problem with my axies, i had 2 in a 4ft tank, very healthy and no problems then i bought 2 more and after their quaratine period i added them to the tank, everything was great for about 2 weeks then all of a sudden one of the original axies goes off his food but he has no signs of injuries, fungus or anything, he wouldnt eat for 2 weeks and got very very very skinny and i thought this is it, because he was so skinny and i was at a loss as what was wrong i decided to do 2 regular salt baths and after 3 days of this he had more energy and slowly started to eat again, now 2 weeks later he is getting stronger and eating regularly, but im still trying to fatter him up but slowly. in the meantime i have realised that the other axie and the 2 new do push him around abit so i seperate him in the tank to feed, while the other 3 boofheads climb and snap at each other

I think Nacho is getting pushed around a bit by the new female. She is very aggressive (especially at feeding time). Should I give Nacho a salt bath, How do I do this?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back