Axie owner in Sydney (with eggs :)

meerkat

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello.

I am not a new axalotl owner, however I have finally got around to joining this fantastic group. I have just moved to Sydney Australia and found a wonderful surprise on Friday morning with about 70 eggs laid. The mother is an albino and the father is a white. I am hoping to get some wildtype babies, and hopefully not too many gold (not a huge fan sorry :( The mother is a mature adult, however the father is still quite young, so the eggs were quite a surprise.

Eggs are due on the 11th of September. Heres hoping :happy:

Welcome to the forum. I am a fellow sydney sider. Good to have you on board.

My eggs are five days old and looking really good. Just in a styrofoam box and air stone.

Attachments

• P010909_18.30.jpg
    P010909_18.30.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 185
  • P010909_18.29[01].jpg
    P010909_18.29[01].jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 169
He is a spunk for sure and always up for a photo. My other 3 are not as forthcoming. I am very partial to the lighter coloured olive axies for sure.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back