Axie posture

Danielle a

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone
Does anyone know about axies growth?
I got my axie just before Xmas for my son it's around 19weeks old now and I've noticed that its head isn't in line with its body the spine is more to the left of its head and it's gills are alot smaller than the gills on the right side and seems as if it's head is turned to look left (if that makes sense)
Im just wondering if it's something I should be concerned about
It's still behaving normally still active eating and pooping
Any info would be much appreciated
Thank you

Attachments

• 16431364733502405762165798867449.jpg
    16431364733502405762165798867449.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 687
  • 16431366237795494868721087484247.jpg
    16431366237795494868721087484247.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 87
If it has always been like that, I would say that it's probably a genetic defect. If it continues to behave normally, you shouldn't need to worry about it, though I would strongly recommend against breeding it. If it's a new symptom, seems to be getting worse, or if you're simply curious as to exactly what's going on, you could take it to a vet for an x-ray

If it has always been like that, I would say that it's probably a genetic defect. If it continues to behave normally, you shouldn't need to worry about it, though I would strongly recommend against breeding it. If it's a new symptom, seems to be getting worse, or if you're simply curious as to exactly what's going on, you could take it to a vet for an x-ray
Yeah its always been like that
The reason I ask is solely for the benefit of my axies health and I don't intend to breed thanks for the reply I will keep an eye on new symptoms as I can't seem to find any vets that look after salamanders in Tyne and wear 😔

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back