Photo: Axies came in today! (pic intensive)

Fantastic photos and video, and gorgeous subjects, I love their long gills. :p

Hi!

Awesome photographs, beautiful models!!

I must admit, the leucistic is my favourite, because thats what I've got...:talker:

Cheers, Mike.:cool:

The Melanoid or wild type gets my vote, stunning :D

Great pics and vid!!

Wow. I wish I was you *jealous*. They are all gorgeous! I've been longing to get a gold axie. Nice camera work too, I wish I had a decent camera :( what kind of camera do you use?
Once again, I agree with everyone else, they are simply adorable, especially number 4 ^^
If I could be so bold to answer that question Mark as I too own one and am so in love with it - its a Nikon D90 digital SLR. It's a brilliant camera.
Nice photos and video work Mark. But easy when the subjects are so photogenic!
Cheers
MA

Such long gills! Simply gorgeous.

This was a delight. What photogenic cuties.
Thanks
nora

Thanks everyone! yes, the photos and videos are from the Nikon D90 and Nikon Nikkor 28-80 F/3.3-5.6G lens, I absolutely love them. They come right up to the front of the glass when I come into the room (little hogs), so picture taking is easy until I hit high apertures, then light becomes an issue without flash (which in most cases cant, and probably shouldnt, be used with axies). I love these little guys. they have grown to 4" since my post. they came in about 2.25". I will have an update posted in this thread by the weekend. Thanks for the interest and make sure to keep checking back for periodical updates. Thanks again for looking.

Mark

They are all very nice. Number 3 would be my favourite though. You must be very proud. Good luck with them!

Ok, so not a huge update, but its better than nothing. Yesterday, they must have eaten more than Ive ever seen them eat. About an hour and a half after they ate, I went in to check on them, and the wildtype was basking in the front of the tank, just waiting for me to take a picture of him. So, I did just that.

They seem to like to do this every once in a while.
DSC_1601.jpg

Got in a little closer.
DSC_1599.jpg

He thought I had MORE food.
DSC_1596.jpg

Realised he was a tad too full to even bother.
DSC_1594.jpg

He just sat there. Photogenic, little buggers.
DSC_1591.jpg

His belly was so full that all four limbs were out to his sides and his belly was sitting on the sand. I thought it was the funniest thing to see him do. I should have photos of the others soon.

They should be moving into their 55gal soon, so be sure to look out for that too.

Thanks for looking.
Mark

EDIT: of course, he would decide to sit in the one corner of the tank that has a little bit of algae on it. Just my luck. Sorry about that. :lol:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • gemmie:
    Hello I've been looking into axolotls and wasn't sure if it was even legal to get a pet one in Australia
    +2
    Unlike
    gemmie: Hello I've been looking into axolotls and wasn't sure if it was even legal to get a pet one in... +2
    Back