Axies can smell?

M

mary

Just reading an old thread about hearing and then wondered if the axis can smell- when we feed them is it only the movement they sense or can they smell too?

they sure can! i often see mine with their noses down when theyre being fed pellets and hunting for them

My axies sniff around when I feed them their pellets they barge each other out of the way!!

I have one who is effectively blind. I think it sniffs out its food faster than the others see theirs.

After my axie's long illness a few months ago, she went nearly blind. And her sense of smell isn't very good either. It takes her absolutely ages to find her pellets in the sand, and she eats lots of sand in the process.But she does find them in the end. But she definately would not survive in the wild!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back