Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axies+ other sals

H

heather

are there any TOTALLY safe species of sals you can mix axies with?

yeah how come if both species r friendly u stil shouldnt? like im sure its advised not to keep cats n dogs together but i have n they got on fine and they were introduced at seperate times

no. There are toxins in their skin and axies are aggressive toward other caudates. Dogs and cats usually arent locked together in a crate. they're free to roam the house and avoid each other if they want to. When you put two animals together in a small tank, there's bound to be problems.

yep i agree do not mix any newt i mixed one of mine and it ended up with my cfbn with a nasty leg injury my advise never never mix

even with species that share the same habitat and come in contact with eachother shouldnot be mixed, the reson being as kaysie brought up the fact that they are in an enclosed space, the only way that this could be accomplished is with a big tank, and when i say big i mean BIG!

i heard about the albino tiger that was bred with an axie to get the albino gene.......if they can breed does that mean they could live together too??

This happened one time, in 1890's. Just because the animals bred does not mean they can live together. Donkeys and horses can breed, but most people do not house them together because they're not compatible. Donkeys are mean and horses are expensive.

Just say no to species mixing!

Well said KC... if you have axies what do need other species for or am I just a bit biased
wink.gif

oh i dont need any more sals for anything its just that i really love them and was just wondering if it was okay to put any in my axie tank. but i know now not to......thanx every one

Mikki, you're just biased. But then, everyone who owns an axie thinks that they're great.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    gemmie: Hello I've been looking into axolotls and wasn't sure if it was even legal to get a pet one in... +1