Axolotl deformity?

L

LadyAmalthea

Hi everyone! I'm trying to find some information on what my little Axolotl baby might have. This baby was the product of a first and only breeding between my almost 1 year olds before realizing I had a boy and a girl. Mom and Dad are not siblings. I removed Yoshi from the general baby population when I noticed she was much smaller than everyone else. She is now 5 weeks and 4 days old. Her siblings are all doing well and growing quickly, and she's still very small and physically different looking. Someone had suggested dwarfism, but so far I've been unable to find any photos of a Dwarf Axolotl as a baby. She eats live baby Brine Shrimp still while her siblings have moved on to Bloodworms, but she eats well and doesn't struggle to swim. Any thoughts?

Attachments

xxianxx

Reaction score
Country
Wales
Display Name
nai live
Its a cull. Most batches of eggs have deformed or weaker larvae. In the wild they wouldnt survive. In captivity they only survive because they get seperated from their siblings who would eventually eat them. Theres a few threads about responsible breeding in this forumn, i suggest you read them.

Kitan

Reaction score
Country
Canada
HECK FREAKIN NO.

This is not a creature that will be released into the wild, so you are not messing with natural selection. *SMH* Keep an eye on it and as long as it is eating and performing as an axolotl should (swimming, pooping, ect) with no other obvious deformities that would cause it to have a poor quality of life, you should CARE FOR IT, not freakin cull it. Poor thing.

Keep us up to date on how the little stubblet does :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AlexisJG:
    As long as they don’t seem stressed that’s good and I mean hey if their well fed maybe they’ll live long happy lives together.
    +2
    Unlike
  • HalfDrunkToast:
    oh ya they are happy xD every time i come in to my room my Koy betta is like HI HI HI and actively swimming around
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Calgarycoppers has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Nerodia1:
    Děkuji za přijetí. Hledám tohoto obojživelníka, Typhlonectes compressicauda, nevíte, kde ho získat, nejlépe někde v Evropě.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Caudex has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    VEEK has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Lanalotl:
    My axie is acting woerd he was a rescue as stated in a different post he got better and now seems to be deteriorating again...again all tank conditions are OK and as should be. He seems to have some black dapple like pattern under his bottom lip? Is that normal? And his two back feet have a little wierd growth? Almost? Tiny tiny tiny lump. His capillaries in his feathers also appear darker and more visible. Any help would be appreciated
    +1
    Unlike
  • Lanalotl:
    Hes a leucistic axie
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    AmphibiGirl has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Dibgame:
    Hey guys. First time on this forum and im not sure what formatting i should use but hey here i go.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Jadezoey:
    Hi! I'm being in a hard position where I have to re-home my axolotls. I'm moving out and I would like to find them a new home with someone who can take proper care of them
    +1
    Unlike
  • Jadezoey:
    I have an adult wild type and a juvenile leucistc
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • BigAl:
    Oops my bad accidentally sent that
    +1
    Unlike
  • Binditheaxolotl:
    @HalfDrunkToastLol
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieMomma87:
    is anyone online???
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Calgarycoppers has joined the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Calgarycoppers has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieMomma87:
    Are you still here
    +1
    Unlike
  • ZayneSantos:
    Is there anyone on who can give me advice?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Max2445:
    @ZayneSantos, What advice do you need
    +1
    Unlike
  • KrabzAga:
    based on this video what type of salamander might this larva be? I suspect either eastern newt or spotted salamander
    +1
    Unlike
  • KrabzAga:
    help appreciated
    +1
    Unlike
  • KrabzAga:
    they are from missouri
    +1
    Unlike
    KrabzAga: they are from missouri +1