Axolotl First Aid Kit

memojo1979

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Mojo
I usually make up a 1st aid kit for each type of pet, so I'm not in a fluster if something happens but isn't worthy of a vet trip (in the same way as you would treat some human complaints at home, rather than go to the doctor or hospital), but never got round to making 1 for my axies.

So, I'm now cobbling 1 together + wondered what things people think are a must.

So far, my list is -

* Tubs for isolation and / or fridging
* Black Tea (unflavoured) for tea baths
* Salt (non-iodinised, is that right?) for salt baths

What else?

fridge :p
good idea though, be nice to get a good list so we can go spend more ££££ on our weirds :D

Maybe some almond leaves... I heard those are good for axolotls in a similar way as tea.

A 1 gallon plastic zip-lock bag per axolotl- in case of transportation needs- if they need to go to the vet or something.
I use these bags to move my axies around... they work great and reduce sloshing. =]

I think it is so cute to have a first aid kit for your critters :smile:

I would put some catappa leaves or catappa bark into the first aid kit, too. :D

Cute idea.
I'd add
Some Cotton buds/Cotton tips/q-tips or whatever you call them for carefully wiping off fungus.

a couple 1.25 to 2L soft drink bottles for keeping dechlorinated/salted/Teabath water in, in the fridge for water changes/salt and tea baths while axie is being fridged.

That's about all I can think of to add.

Another tank with more axolotls in, for moral support.

Pffft, just get a bigger first aid box ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back