Axolotl Fungus + Peeling Slime Coat

StormBugs

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have three adult axolotls in a 40 gallon tank, who've had no issue until now. About a week or so ago they came down with a nice case of fungus that I haven't been able to make any progress with. I've been doing salt baths twice a day now and I'm barely seeing any difference being made.
The axolotls haven't eaten anything in over two weeks now and I'm starting to get worried, as they're all very very lethargic. The one axolotl is also starting to lose her slime coat very very badly.
I've had these axolotls for over 2 years with no problems, but this is my first time dealing with fungus, so any help is greatly appreciated. Will be taking them to the vet soon if I can't get them back to health on my own.

Tank parameters:
Temp: Between 62-65F
Ammonia: 0ppm
Ph: 7.6
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 40-80ppm

Can you attach a photo? If it's the slime coat it worth trying tea baths instead of salt.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back