Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotl jumping out of the water

DemMa

Reaction score
Hello everyone. So a few days ago I found my axolotl on the floor (even though I have a cover, she somehow managed to jump). Thankfully she was still alive when I found her and in a relatively good condition. She had some blisters and a small part of her skin was peeling off. I noticed that she doesn’t move a lot and she hasn’t eaten the past two days, even though she looks better compared to the first day. I checked my water parameters and temp and everything’s normal. I do 30% daily water changes in her tank and I’ve used some almond leaves as well. I don’t know what else to do and I’m worried. I would really appreciate any ideas you may have. Thank you in advance!

JM29

Reaction score
Hello
She will probably recover.
Now, for the future, it's important to find out why she jumped out of the tank.
If your water is fine, then try to suppress other stress sources, like movements near the tank, vibrations,...

MangoAxolotl

Reaction score
It could be a tiger larva, keep HEAVY watch. how old is it, is it dead now?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!