Axolotl lying on stomach

sebguy

Reaction score
Country
Australia
My axie, ari has been battling fungus for some weeks now
I recently started salt baths and set up a hospital tank, as there is still fungus in the main tank, however after her first salt bath i noticed that shes been lying on her stomach a lot and not using her front legs, and instead having them poking out to the side
Is this normal? should i stop the treatment?
any info is greatly appreciated

All I can offer on this one is emotional support, since I haven't seen that behavior and haven't had to give a salt bath. Hopefully, some more knowledgeable people can help out. Best of luck.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back