Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Illness/Sickness: Axolotl not eating!?

sebguy

Reaction score
Okay, so my axie-ari recently got over a bad fungal infection about a month ago, for the following weak and a bit she was eating fine behaving fine and seemed generally happy, however about a week ago she stopped eating and slowly got weaker and weaker... the other night i got her to eat a tiny bit of food but other than nothing. please help as she is getting very skinny and her arms and legs are looking quite bony:(
temp-18.9
and all other chemistry as fine(ive been checking it frequently and been doing weakly water changes) also ive been feeding her this->Fish Fuel - Axolotl Food

Skudo09

Reaction score
Do you notice anything else unusual? Like any colouring changes? from my understanding from posts here is that those frozen cubes contain a lot of seafood and are considered not the best staple food diet. However axolotls I had years ago were fed these and seemed to do pretty well on them. Have you tried other foods? You could try a scallop to tempt her to eat. These aren't the best long term but just to get something into her and tempt her to eat it may be worth trying.

sebguy

Reaction score
I haven't noticed any kind of change in colour however her gill filaments have deteriorated a bit
and with the food i have tried earthworms before but she didn't seem to be interested in them.
and she has been lunging at the food and even occasionally having a snap at the food, but she never seems to get her mouth far enough open. Recently however, she hasn't been going for the food when i hand feed it to her.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!