Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Axolotl popping mouth at me?

Loopy Leo

Reaction score
So my lotl keeps popping his mouth at me sometimes its if I do it first which is what the sound is in the attached vid but sometimes he just does it anytime I look at him. I thought it could be because he's hungry or something but it happens even after feeding him. I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong to cause this behavior.

SamAxolotl

Reaction score
Please note I'm no expert! But as no one else has words of wisdom for you, here are my thoughts.
Your axolotl seems happy, healthy and loved. Axolotls are adorable and it amazes me how they interact with people. I read once that a great rule for owning axolotls is that if the axolotl doesn't seem concerned, then there is generally no reason to worry.
Your axolotl is showing no signs of stress, illness or mistreatment. In my opinion, I believe your axolotl perfectly fine. 😊

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!