Axolotls at last!

tkromer

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Tommy
Well I've wanted these for about 3 years, but I've always been waiting until I moved, as 7 tanks was my wife-mandated limit at the apartment. Now I have a 1500 sq ft basement all to myself so the sky is the limit for tanks! I have 4 little ones (2 albino 2 wild type) just arrived today. They're in a 40G breeder :)

IMG_5005.jpg

IMG_5007.jpg

IMG_5008.jpg

IMG_5013.jpg

IMG_5036.jpg

I've been waiting around the same length of time as you for axolotls and I finally got some recently as well. I definitely understand the excitement! I wasn't sure if I'd ever find any here. The positive side is I was well prepared when I did find them because I had been lurking these forums during this time :p

Congrats and enjoy. They look like they're gonna be living a pretty sweet life :)

Loving how green the wild type is :)

Both of the wild types are very green. I think it's accentuated by the darker brown sand. The plants look greener against that brown sand as well.

They look very happy in their new home. ... and such a huge basement to fill too!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back