Axolotls not eating as usual

Sammiebebe18

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Sammie :)
Hey everyone!
I have 3 axies. Two are about five inches and one is 3-4 inches. My little guy eats like a pig but the two other haven't been as hungry as usual. I feed them everyday with a mixture of foods. They get blood worms, pellets, brine shrimp, mealworms (rarely), and worms. Now I live in Okinawa Japan and I can't find earth worms anywhere. So I buy another type of worm that looks like it has feelers. I'm concerned that the poor axies have been over fed. There bellys are really round. There still young so I want to make sure they don't go hungry but I don't want them to explode. Do worms take a longer time to digest for these guys?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 364
If you take some photos of them from above, it'll be easy for users to tell whether they're overweight or not. Axolotls tend to be little fatties when they're happy and healthy (though it IS possible for them to become overweight, it seems more common for people to underfeed young ones especially.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back