Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotls poop looks like bird droppins

• Thread starter Deleted member 42135
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 42135

Pix of the poop
View attachment 90521
There was one normal poop this am. Then there were several of these. Got home from work there were 2 more of these kinds of poops. No diet changes etc.... I have 3 male Axolotls in a 50 gallon low boy.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like earth from an earthworm's digestive tract. Looks a little like the matrix of some pellet types too.

D

Deleted member 42135

Is this nothing to be worried about then?

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this nothing to be worried about then?
Nothing jumps out at me. Are those tiny white things moving? They look like small worms - not parasitic.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1