b00f's Tank

Aaron, do you use only silk plants? I am not sure if live plants could survive with that lighting.

Cheers.

Aaron, do you use only silk plants? I am not sure if live plants could survive with that lighting.

Cheers.

my room is in a rather dark place, i dont even think algae would even start growing in my tank...
my bedroom always has the curtains closed and stuff, im nocturnal :p

so silks were my only real viable option with minimum lighting, i guess i could just leave the window open a bit, but then i have the worry of picking up dead plants, and feed them,

they just seem to look better, i might get some moss for some wood i have, but that can be later,

Today i have purchased some small electronic components, switches, and a couple variable pods a "jiffy" case to house all the wiring... and a pair of 30cm white CCFL tubes, which i plan to install sometime soon.

the case will be screwed to inside of the hood,

im really happy with all the work, super cheap, works well

i only have 1 worry, all this is being powered by a small powersupply, i may need an upgrade soon :p

Re: b00f's Tank (updated 3/6)

So here are some long awaited pics (Sharon was on my back about that, so here ya go)

2dsog2t.jpg

2ccm5ae.jpg

Enjoy

LOL dangit aaron - WHOLE tank - lights, screen fans and all?

ahaha

Bugger ey.
I'l get round to it.
The lights are pretty simple, though i knocked up a Foil reflector, which seems to stop the light boucing around the back of the tank and spilling into the room

Low resolution pics ok? (easier for me as i dont have a pc at home atm)

Aaron

Wow Aaron, those silk plants are really beautiful. I like the red edged leafy one. I am tempted to use silk plants now although i have always been quite a 'purist' and only use the real stuff.

Wow Aaron, those silk plants are really beautiful. I like the red edged leafy one. I am tempted to use silk plants now although i have always been quite a 'purist' and only use the real stuff.

yeah, i went to my LFS and brought up big, they were on special.
I find they are just so easy to take care of, and with a careful mix of real plants, im sure you could get some crazy things happening.

that reminds me.... i need more java moss....... :(

Wow, that's a great tank.I love the set up.:happy:

It looks absolutely fantastic, thanks for all the tips aswell !

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • gemmie:
    Hello I've been looking into axolotls and wasn't sure if it was even legal to get a pet one in Australia
    +2
    Unlike
    gemmie: Hello I've been looking into axolotls and wasn't sure if it was even legal to get a pet one in... +2
    Back