'Babies' Spring has sprung!

Francesca

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Kikkja
Yes first day of spring.. I awoke this morning to find 'Coco', my black wild, was going with the flow. Found about 150 eggs in the tank.. 'El Berto' the male looked content!

I have only had them since the weekend; and only just got the water quality right.....!

Little buggers.... :eek: Messy isnt it?

Yes first day of spring.. I awoke this morning to find 'Coco', my black wild, was going with the flow. Found about 150 eggs in the tank.. 'El Berto' the male looked content!

I have only had them since the weekend; and only just got the water quality right.....!

Little buggers.... :eek: Messy isnt it?

Unfortunately, as this was my first experience with rearing baby axies, I dedided to take 15-20 and concentrate on them. Well sadly they didn't make it... :(

I now have a new load that have hatched and am keeping them all, so far so good! They are thriving, in their own tank. Fingers Crossed... :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back